Employers are legally required to prepare an Emergency Plan which outlines how the workplace will be evacuated in the event of a fire outbreak.
Fire Wardens/Marshals are designated the responsibility of executing this plan in an emergency situation. This course aims to ensure that Fire Wardens/Marshals are aware of their responsibilities including arranging fire drills effectively. It also details the steps involved in developing an Emergency Plan which is specific to your premises.
This course is aimed at all managers, supervisors or employees with responsibility for fire safety within an organisation.
All courses are delivered by accredited professionals with many years of experience in the front line emergency fire service who are passionate about their training. We set a high standard and the instructors are passionate about the training they deliver which guarantees student interaction and participation resulting in an enhanced learning outcome in this very popular course.
- To give participants the skill and knowledge required to carry out their duties in a safe and effective manner.
- To enable staff with an enhanced fire safety role to meet the training requirements detailed in the current workplace fire safety legislation.
- Identify possible fire hazards in the workplace.
- Enable employees to assist in the fire risk assessment process.
- Understand how fires can occur and how fire and smoke can spread.
- Identify the correct type of fire equipment for the class of fire.
- Ensure fire equipment is inspected and maintained as frequently as necessary.
- Be able to advise members of staff on measures that can be taken to reduce the risk of fire occurring.
- Be able to advise members of staff on action to take in the event of an emergency.
- Course Introduction
- Legislation Module
- Theory of Fire and smoke behaviour
- Identify possible fire hazards in the workplace
- Fire Prevention
- Human behavior and firefighting – Theory & Practical
- The Role and Responsibilities of Fire Wardens
- Fire Evacuation Procedures (Site Specific)
- Fire Safety in the home: Practical Exercises Course Debrief
Classroom presentation on multimedia, supplemented by videos, and discussions throughout the course as well as a practical demonstration on the use and selection of fire extinguishers. The students complete a written multiple choice exam and course assessment at the end of the course.
Maximum of 12 participants.
Half day or 1 day duration depending on requirements.
On successful completion of this course a Apollo Safety Training Certificate will be issued.