This course provides appropriate training where personnel are involved in the operation of forklifts.
The aim of this course is to provide an opportunity for participants to become competent in applying the skills, knowledge and attitudes that are required to operate a forklift truck safely and effectively.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Carry out pre use checks
- Refuel/recharge Forklifts safely
- Operate a Forklift safely, reducing the risk of damage or injury to operators and pedestrians and increase the efficiency of Forklift Truck Operators
- Use safe operating techniques.
- Correctly position Forklift in relation to task requirements
- Stack & destack, load & unload various loads
- Identify hazards associated with the use of forklifts
- Identify the maximum loads that the Forklift will lift at various load centres and heights.
- Daily Inspection Procedures
- General Safety Rules
- Loading and Stacking Procedures
- De-stacking and Unloading
- Charging and Changing Batteries
- Fuelling Procedures
Varies Depending on Experience
1 day for refresher/experienced
Up to 5 days for novice
Max number of 4 participants per course.
All delegates must have appropriate personal protective equipment such as Safety Boots and Hi-vis jackets on the days of the training.
A fully operational forklift truck in good condition is required and a safe area for practical skill which involves 3 lifts – ground level, 5 to 6 feet high and over 10 feet high.
Students must complete a theory test and practical assessment.
On successful completion of this course a Apollo Safety Training Certificate & Card will be issued.