Who Should Attend?
Under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application Regulations) 2007, it is a requirement that ALL employees attend Manual Handling training.
To provide participants with the information and training necessary to be competent in Manual Handling, in order to avoid injury to yourself and to others.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define Manual Handling.
- State relevant Irish and EU Legislation.
- Describe the basic Anatomy of the Spine.
- Utilise correctly the 8 Principles of Safe Lifting.
- Safety Legislation – This covers the general duties of employers and employees.
- Structure, function and mechanism of the Spine
- Types of Injury to the Spine and the consequences of such injury.
- Injury Prevention
- Risk Assessment for manual handling tasks per Schedule 3 of the 2007 Regulations
- Ergonomics and manual handling
- Fitness for Work and the importance of Fitness in Preventing Back Injury
- The 8 Principles of Manual Handling
- Practical Demonstration and assessment – Lifting, Lowering, Pushing & Pulling
- Team Handling
To successfully complete this course all students must complete a theory exam and a practical lifting assessment. The Certificates will be issued by Apollo Safety Training and will be valid for 3 years.
Max number of 12 participants per course.
Duration of 3 hours
This course fully complies with the Manual Handling Regulations 2007 and is delivered by a FETAC Level 6 qualified instructor.